VisGA – My latest programming project

Today I spent a good amount of time playing in Actionscript 3.0 / Adobe Flex 4.0. I’m making a visual genetic algorithm for solving a problem I’ve devised – which I’m calling the “Pipe Placement Problem (PPP)”.

I’ve posted my current work on my personal.utulsa domain.

Let me know what you think or if you have suggestions.

http://personal.utulsa.edu/~matt-hale/vis-ga/GA.html

The goal of a solution is to produce a layout of pipe/electrical conduit/circuit board wires/etc around a group of obstacles using the least amount of “pipe”, bends, and without colliding with any obstacles.

At this point in the development I’ve got the core GUI and functionality built, the basics of population and line generation (still needs optimizations) and basic generation operators in place to calculate the next generation (this will be the focus of my efforts in the coming weeks as I develop novel crossover and mutation operators on a chromosome of lines given as a set of waypoints (corners of the pipe).

Cheers!

Edit: Also, if you are interested in the source code – check me out on git https://github.com/MLHale/visGA

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s